Online gambling operators are always looking for new ways to entice customers to use their products. If you happen to opt for a bookmaker which also manages shops on the High Street, then the offers increase twofold, as the combination of physical betting shops and gambling online provide many opportunities. As one of the leading gambling giants in the UK, William Hill is trying hard to overcome their competitors by means of clever marketing campaigns, such as the Plus Card. We are going to look at the pros and cons of owning this card to help you decide for yourselves.
|William Hill Offers||Bonuses & Promotions||William Hill Promo Code 2019|
|Sports||Bet £10 and get £30 in free bets||OBTAIN YOUR BONUS|
|Casino||100% Buy in Bonus up to £300||OBTAIN YOUR BONUS|
|Bingo||Trapdoor Nights, Duck & Dive – Get a £25 bonus when you spend £5||OBTAIN YOUR BONUS|
|Poker||Deposit & get £100 bonus + £6 Free Twister Entries||OBTAIN YOUR BONUS|
Benefits of Applying for the Plus Card
William Hill is certainly not new at issuing cards for their customers. In fact, they already have the Cash Direct, which allows customers to cash-in their online winnings instantly by visiting any betting shop within the UK. However, the William Hill Plus Card carries a few more benefits than the Cash Direct, as you do not need to print any vouchers to take with you to any of the 2,300+ William Hill shops. This saves you the hassle of printing and ensuring that you store the voucher safely to convey to the shop. If you lose the voucher or it is illegible (due to getting wet or fresh printer ink smudging the details)you will be refused a payout. The full list of the Plus Card benefits is:
- You can interconnect any bets placed online and at shops
- You can cash-out any winnings bets made online at any shop
- You can cash-out any winnings made at shops online
- You can use any funds deposited at shops to place online bets
- You can transfer any winnings made at shops online
- You can track all your pending bets online by using the Plus Web App
The most important and relevant benefit of owning a William Hill Plus Card is that you no longer have to wait 3-5 working days to receive your winnings if you have used a credit or debit card to deposit. In case of bank transfers, you would even have to wait longer for withdrawals, sometimes up to 2 weeks.
Disadvantages of Applying for the Plus Card
As with any new product, the William Hill Plus Card also has some negative markers to think about before committing to its cause. Here are some of the most telling, in terms of convenience:
- You need to have registered an online account for 30 days before being provided with a Plus Card
- If you apply online you will have to wait 3-5 working days to receive the Plus Card by post
- You need to visit the closest William Hill outlet, which could be several miles away, to cash out your bets or receive your card quicker
- There is a daily withdrawal limit of £750 and £2,500 weekly when cashing out winnings at any shop
- There is a daily deposit limit of £1,000 and weekly limit of £2,500 when using the card
- The Plus Card is only available for UK residents
- You can only register up to 2 debit/credit cards or Cash Direct options when using the Plus Card
- You may have to provide means of identification
Although it would appear that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages we would agree that fast payouts are one of the key ingredients to customer satisfaction, so if you do happen to live close enough to any William Hill shop you can instantly transfer your online winnings into cash and walk off with a smile on your face. Just remember that to convert your online winnings into cash the traditional way, apart from the 3-5 working days for funds to reach your bank account, you would also need to go to the bank or an ATM.
Steps on Registering for a William Hill Plus Card
Once you have made up your mind and you believe that the Plus Card is a great addition to your betting world, you just need to follow the simple steps below:
- Register an account at William Hill via desktop, Android or iOS
- Wait for 30 days to pass by
- You can either wait 3-5 working days to receive the Plus Card by post or head over to your nearest William Hill outlet
- Register the card online
- Once completed you will have instant access to your online account via the new card so any credit showing in your account may be redeemed at any William Hill shop
Final Verdict on the William Hill Plus Card
Based on information and feedback acquired online we think that the William Hill Plus Card is perfect for those punters who prefer to use both online and physical options available to place a bet. The Plus Card, in this case, would act as a bridge between the 2 preferences and open up new possibilities. On the other hand, if you would prefer receiving your winnings instantly rather than have to wait the standard 3-5 working days when using credit or debit cards, then this also applies to you.
It is human nature to want to cash-out hard-earned winnings so the long wait seems hardly justified in this day and age, with technologies abounding in every walk of life. The common complaint among online gamblers is that it is much easier to deposit than it is to withdraw so the Plus Card does address this issue, to a certain degree. However, cash received could mean cash spent, so you would need to manage your expenditure wisely and ensure that you secure your winnings for a rainy day! Also, there is a slight inconvenience in having to drive or walk to the nearest William Hill establishment, so unless the winnings are considerable, it might not be worth the hassle. Just weigh the pros and cons of owning a William Hill Plus Card and take the plunge, if deemed advantageous.